2022 Trap League – Sign Up Now for June 4th Start Date !!!
Sign Up NOW ???
Trap League 2022
Use this SignUpGenius to sign up now for the B-CC IWLA summer trap league, which is slated to run from Saturday, June 4th until Saturday, July 30th:
How would this Trap League Work ???
1. The trap league is planned to start on Saturday, June 4th, and finish on Saturday, July 30th
2. Trap League will be taking off the weekend of the July 4th holiday
3. The league will be open to all club members and their immediate families
4. This league will use a ladder-type structure to match-up opponents and determine scoring similar to what you may have seen in other sporting competitions
This ladder will help level the playing field despite our club’s small number of shooters !!!
All shooters will be ranked high-to-low based on their ongoing averages of their weekly league scores. The shooter with the highest average will shoot against the shooter with the second-highest average, the third-highest against the fourth, and so on …
Weekly league competition will consist of 50 birds, 2 rounds of 25 each
The winner of each pairing in each round will earn 1 point (2 weekly points possible) and the winner of the combined total of both rounds will earn 1 point as well for a maximum possible daily score of 3 points each week per shooter
Losers gets 0, and ties split the points in question
The shooter with the greatest number of points at the end of the league season will be declared the 2022 league winner
Averages will be re-tabulated after each week’s shoot, and shooters will move up or down the list based on those new averages. Opponents will be assigned based on where each shooter falls on the new week’s ladder based on those new averages as well
Shooters are not required to shoot with your opponents in person on league days
It would be more fun, though, so the league encourages in-person match-ups. Shooters could, however, shoot on a squad with their buddies at 9:00am while their opponent might not shoot till 10:30am, and scores will be calculated just as if they competed in person, head to head
The general idea of the ladder is to have each shooter competing against another shooter who is closest to them in average and ability without having to calculate complicated handicaps. Therefore, shooters of all levels have a good chance to win: each shooter simply needs to beat their weekly opponents
As shooters get better, their averages will get better, and they will move up the ladder to shoot against better & better competition. Shooters could shoot against different opponents each week!
The league is scheduled to run for 8 weeks:
- The first 2 weeks scores will establish each shooter’s average for the third week. These two rounds / weekly scores for each shooter will also be banked to replace missing score for a week or two where the shooter was unable to shoot on a league day. The first week’s scores will replace the scores of the first week missed and the second week’s score the second week missed
- The competition ladder and the accumulation of points toward the seasonal total begin on the third week and run through the eighth week
If we have enough interest to move forward with the trap league, another email will be sent out between now & June for shooters to actually sign up for the competition and to provide any additional details beyond those listed above