ALL HUNTING REGULATIONS ESTABLISHED AND PROMULGATED BY THE STATE OF MARYLAND SHALL BE OBSERVED ON THE BETHESDA-CHEVY CHASE CHAPTER CONSERVATION FARM. THE CHAPTER FURTHER ADDS THE FOLLOWING RULES & RESTRICTIONS TO THE STATE REGULATIONS FOR HUNTING ON CHAPTER PROPERTY.
Hunters are expected to demonstrate good sportsmanship.
THE HUNTING ETHICS & OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (HE&O) AND THE B-CC IWLA BOARD OF GOVERNORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMPLEMENT DISCIPLINARY ACTION INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REVOCATION OF CHAPTER HUNTING PRIVILEGES FOR VIOLATIONS OF THESE HUNTING RULES. THE HE&O COMMITTEE MAY FURTHER IMPOSE LIKE SANCTIONS FOR BEHAVIOR THAT IT DEEMS UNETHICAL, UNSPORTSMANLIKE, OFFENSIVE, UNSAFE, OR CONTRARY TO THE CORE VALUES OF THE IZAAK WALTON LEAGUE OF AMERICA. THE CHAPTER HUNTING RULES ARE PUBLISHED ON THE B-CC IWLA WEB SITE (www.bcciwla.org).
1. Hunters must register below before taking part in hunting activities on the property. This system will record each member’s acknowledgment and understanding of the current chapter hunting rules on the chapter website.
2. Hunters must carry their current B-CC IWLA Membership Cards and have their current numbered B-CC IWLA Parking Sticker Decals clearly displayed on or in their vehicles while hunting on chapter property.
3. GUEST HUNTERS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT B-CC IWLA.
4. Hunters at B-CC IWLA must abide by the rules & regulations set forth by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources in its current Hunting & Trapping in Maryland Guide.
5. Hunters are prohibited from driving off any road on B-CC IWLA property.
7. Firearms and crossbows must be unloaded/discharged prior to entering any parking areas.
8. Hunters are prohibited from using deer drives (pushes) at B-CC IWLA.
9. Hunters may use tree stands and ground blinds if the following are observed:
a) Tree stands and ground blinds must be temporary and not damage B-CC IWLA trees.
b) Tree stands and ground blinds must be removed at the end of each day.
c) Tree stands and ground blinds must not use any screw-in features.
d) Any treestand or ground blinds on chapter property in violation of rule 8a, 8b, or 8c shall be considered “abandoned” by the chapter and removed from the property.
e) Hunters must use a fall restraint harness or belt at all times when using a tree stand on chapter grounds.
10. Hunters must honor property lines and not trespass on neighboring properties.
11. Hunting on chapter grounds operates on a first-come-first-served basis. Hunters must move sufficient distance from any other hunters already in place.
12. Centerfire or rimfire rifles are not to be used for hunting on chapter property, with the exception that members may hunt deer on the property during deer firearm season using straight-walled cartridges in accordance with Maryland Department of Natural Resources rules and regulations.
13. Dog training that involves the discharge of firearms must be undertaken in full accordance with the laws promulgated by the State of Maryland and any additional restrictions imposed by the Board of Governors. Notice of any additional restrictions will be published in the B-CC newsletter. Only members may discharge firearms during such dog training sessions.
14. Trapping within the conservation farm is prohibited.
15. The Board of Governors reserves the option to adjust the various hunting seasons within the dates set forth by the State of Maryland. Notice of such adjustments will be published in the newsletter monthly, for as long as they are in effect.
16. Hunting on the Archery Range open field & pavilion, on the Skeet & Trap Ranges, on the Rifle and Pistol Range, and on the general chapter house grounds (defined on map) is prohibited. The hunting of waterfowl is permitted in all fields normally open to hunting, except within 150 yards of the ponds.
17. The campground area will be open to hunting and closed to camping during:
a) Shotgun Deer Season
b) Black Powder Deer Season
c) Archery Deer Season (Opening Weekend Only)
d) Turkey Seasons (First and Second Weekends)
e) Youth Deer-Hunting Day
18. Wild quail season is closed on the conservation farm until further notice.
19. Any member who violates any of the B-CC IWLA chapter hunting rules is subject to sanctions that may include membership suspension or expulsion as defined by Article X in the Bylaws of the B-CC IWLA. Infractions of these rules will be investigated by the HE&O and Wildlife Committees with sanctions (if any) imposed by a majority vote of the joint committees. Any sanctions imposed may be appealed to the Board of Governors. Guests or members not-in-good-standing found hunting on chapter grounds may be prosecuted by the Maryland DNR as trespassers/poachers.