September Dinner Meeting
R&P Range Opens Sunday !!!
This Sunday, September 12, the rifle & pistol ranges reopen for regular shooting with range safety officers on duty Saturdays & Sundays going forward
Membership Renewals are On the Way !!!
We had hoped to have the online renewal system up and running this week but a delay with the payment vendor has meant it is not quite ready
- Paper renewal invoices will be going out this week and next
- Once the online payment system is active, we will send an email blast so that those who prefer to pay online will be able to do so
- If you aren’t in a hurry to move to digital payment, a return envelope will be provided with your invoice
- Please direct any questions or concerns to Meg O’Rourke at IWLAMembership@megorourke.com
Thank you for your continued membership in our chapter!
In-Person Dinner Meetings have Resumed
with the Addition of a Zoom link
for Those who cannot Attend in-Person !!!
*** Zoom Meeting link is below ***
September’s Dinner Meeting Speaker
To launch our dinner series for the new season, we are delighted that Rick Wilson, founder of FARMERS & HUNTERS FEEDING THE HUNGRY (FHFH) has agreed to be our featured speaker
In 1997, Rick founded FHFH after he stopped to help a woman who was trying to retrieve a road-killed deer to feed her children. Rick saw, in that experience, a great opportunity to help provide food for the underserved in our communities
Many years ago, B-CC IWLA joined FHFH as a partnering sponsor, helping to provide the funds and venison that support the program. Today, B-CC members continue to donate proceeds of their hunts every year to FHFH
We all know that venison is a great food … but what you may not know is that FHFH has become a multi-state, multi-chapter organization. And you can participate through your membership in B-CC and your donated venison! Come hear Rick’s great story, and learn how we all can provide the help needed to create a bridge between donated venison and the hungry in our communities !!!
Dinner Meeting Logistics
- Masks must be worn indoors by everyone who is not actively eating or drinking, as per Montgomery County guidelines
- Dinner is $10.00 per head (Please bring change for a $20)
- Dinner is generally served between 6:15 & 6:30pm
- The membership meeting itself begins at 7:30pm, sometimes a little earlier
- All prospective members and those members who sit on the chapter Board of Governors are expected to attend
- Members & Guests may buy their dinner tickets in the boardroom
- This month, the meeting will also be broadcast through Zoom. Due to the PA system in the chapterhouse (echoes), Zoom attendees will be muted throughout the meeting unless & until they are asked for questions, feedback, or introductions (prospective members)
- As these hybrid membership meetings are a new experience for the B-CC IWLA, the Board of Governors has not yet formalized a policy for Zoom attendance for prospective members. For Wednesday’s meeting, those prospective members in physical attendance at the meeting will be sworn-in
- Wednesday evening’s Dinner Menu will be:
- Pulled Pork
- Overnight Cole Slaw and Baked Beans
- Salad, Lemonade, and Dessert
Membership Meeting Zoom Details
This CLICK HERE to join the Monthly Membership Meeting, September 15 @ 7:30pm(https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89119876726?pwd=QXdldE5BVkp3c1JsR0ZNaEpGRmxKdz09)
One-Tap Mobile (Copy / Paste / Dial entire code into your Mobile Phone)
- +13017158592,,89119876726#,,,,*953816# – (DC-MD-VA)
Dial (301) 715-8592 into the call manually
Meeting ID: 891 1987 6726