***Dove Shoot Celebration Cancelled ***
*** Big Pond Algae Status Update at Bottom ***
B-CC IWLA Member, the B-CC chapter has tough news for dove hunters & celebrants: the Dove Shoot BBQ is canceled on Wednesday the 1st due to the impending remains of Hurricane Ida’s rolling in early
The dove fields will still be open from noon until 5pm tomorrow, September 1st, for diehard dove hunters
There will be no check-in table at the front gate nor formal celebration down at the shotgun pavilion >>> They would both just get washed away!
Hunters are reminded that, BEFORE they hunt on chapter property at all, they MUST read the chapter hunting rules and REGISTER on the website their understanding of:
- MD hunting laws: (https://dnr.maryland.gov/huntersguide/Pages/default.aspx)
- Chapter hunting rules, including procedures for tracking wounded game: (https://bcciwla.org/b-cc-iwla-chapter-hunting-rules/)
- Chapter borders (Google Maps – for general reference only)
This registration is required for each hunting-license year … between August 1st and the following July 31st within that licensing period
Blue-Green Algae Threat has Passed at the Big Pond !!!
- Members and their escorted guests may now resume normal activities in & around the Big Pond
- As always, swimming, wading, and boating on the chapter ponds are prohibited at all times