Mark your calendars! Wednesday, September 1st marks the first day of Dove Season and our annual dove hunt with a cookout following. As always, the farm committee has done a meticulous job this year to ensure our fields are prepped for the season (thank you, Phil! ). Per DNR Regulations, dove hunting is permitted ONLY between 12:00 noon and 5:00pm for this season, so please join us in the Chapter house shortly after the shooting hours end for some good food and great company provided by your fellow members.
With the ever-growing popularity of this event, we have a few reminders for those both new and seasoned to ensure everyone’s experience is safe and enjoyable:
- Please check in with 2nd VP Shannon Novak at the table on Izaak Walton Way when you head into the property.
- Please be sure to register to hunt through our website by the night before on August 31: http:/ / bcciwla.org/ b-cc-iwla-chapter-hunting-rules/
- Bring your hunting license & current membership card with you.
- Ensure your car has a current year B-CC IWLA sticker on it.
- Shotguns cannot hold more than 3 shells at a time, per state regulations.
- Keep your barrel pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- Doves only may be hunted between 12:00pm and 5:00pm.
- Know what a dove looks like to ensure the correct species is harvested.
Opening day is typically very warm, so please dress for the weather and bring lots of water to stay hydrated. As mentioned above, there will be a cookout at the Chapter house starting around 5:30pm, where we will have burgers, hotdogs, cold drinks & snacks. A suggested $ 5 donation per person to cover our costs is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you on September 1st!