At this time, the Rifle Pistol and Archery Ranges will be open starting this weekend, Saturday, May 23. The Shotgun Range is aiming for a June opening. There has been some necessary construction and procedures created to keep our members safe. Our goal is to enjoy the range while maintaining social distance guidelines and health safety procedures. The following is what to expect at the Rifle Pistol Range for the weekends it is open with the normal hours of 9:00am-5:00pm:
- If you do not feel well, stay home – It is impossible to make any area completely safe. If you are in the high-risk category or you have underlying additional health problems, please continue to stay at home.
- Masks are required when you enter the range area. You can take them off when you are shooting.
- At this time, the Pistol range will have 3 positions open and the Rifle range will have 5 positions open.
- As there is a limited number of shooting positions available, no guests outside of the immediate family members in your household are permitted at this time.
- When signing in, the shooter must show their membership and/or Range Officer card through the plexiglass window to the RO stationed in the range house. The Range House RO will sign you in. Fees will be paid and targets will be passed through the window opening.
- Target backers and staplers will be down on the range or you can bring your own staplers.
- Each shooting position will be cleaned off between shooters.
- If the range is at maximum capacity, a time limit will be instituted to not exceed 90 minutes. Shooters are to expect that an RO will make contact with them to let them know that the time limit has been reached if this occurs. – If the range is at maximum capacity when you visit, the Range House RO will take your name, range you want to shoot on and a way to contact you. You can stand on the grass at the flagged positions, sit in your car, or spend time elsewhere on the property.
Use of the port-o-johns is permitted following the cleaning procedure sign on the doors.